HKUST Water Sports Center
5 Key Dimensions
- Education and Training – A three-pronged approach
Step1: Off-site water sports training with external partners
Step2: On-site water sports training at HKUST with qualified coaches
Step3: Get certified as a professional training center for water sports
- Home Port Development – the HKUST seafront will become the home port for our water sports clubs and teams. They will no longer need to bother to travel to Sai Kung or Stanley to practice. It all starts here from HKUST.
- Water Sports Clubs – The active involvement of students, staff and alumni water sports clubs is important to the sustainable development of water sports at HKUST.
- External Partnership and Events – We have opened up strategic dialogues with many water sports associations and will continue to talk to them and welcome proposals.
- Phased Built-out Strategy – we are building our water sports infrastructure by phases. Subject to resources, we can envision more boat storage and other facilities to be built along the seafront in future. And, we would need your help from the community to make all these come true.